Established Family Law Firm Assists Westport Clients
Effective legal representation in Connecticut for the issues that strike close to home
When a legal issue is hanging over your family, casting doubt about your future and your security, it is important to get trustworthy advice and effective representation from an attorney who truly understands this area of the law. Needle | Cuda is a boutique law firm dedicated entirely to the practice of divorce and family law. Our sharp focus makes us aware of the nuances that can be decisive in complex litigation and enables us to keep pace with developments in the law so we can better serve our clients. We also limit the number of cases we accept so that we can give each client the personal attention they deserve. Our knowledgeable Westport family law attorneys serve clients throughout Fairfield County and the surrounding areas. We are determined to protect your rights and will work tirelessly toward comprehensive, lasting solutions to your family law problems.
Orders and agreements related to Connecticut family law
Family law disputes are resolved one of two ways: by agreement between the parties or by court order. We assist in a variety of such matters, including:
- Pre- and postnuptial agreements — If you are contemplating marriage, we can negotiate and draft an effective, enforceable prenuptial agreement. We can also help you revise or enter agreements after your wedding.
- Custody actions — Either parent, regardless of marital status, may bring an action seeking a determination of custody rights in Connecticut. We can help you address legal custody (important decision-making for the child) and physical custody (who the child spends time with). In certain cases, a non-parent (such as a grandparent) may also be able to seek rights concerning a child, although there is a high legal threshold in order to establish such a claim.
- Paternity and child support — A conflict can arise over parentage of a child as well as support due for a child. We represent clients on all sides of these issues and determinations.
- Restraining orders — If you need protection from an abusive family member or an intimate acquaintance, or if you have been accused of abuse, we can provide the determined representation you need in hearings related to domestic violence restraining orders.
- Enforcement and post-judgment modification — We represent clients in actions to enforce support and custody orders or to request a modification of the original order that may be justified by a significant change in circumstances.
- Relocation — A conflict can arise when a custodial parent seeks to move out of the state or at a distance that makes regular joint custody or visitation impossible. In relocation disputes, we work to find creative solutions that advance your children’s best interests and also safeguard your parental rights.
- Appeals — Judges can make mistakes. When an erroneous interpretation of the law or its application in your case works to your detriment, we can preserve your right to appeal and present the case skillfully in the higher court.
In all family law matters, you can rely on our firm for personalized attention, capable case management and determined representation from our first meeting to the final resolution.
Contact our family law firm for savvy and straightforward legal counsel in Westport, CT
If you have a family law issue in Fairfield County or elsewhere in the State of Connecticut, Needle | Cuda is ready to help. We provide highly responsive service and effective representation focused on positive results. To arrange a consultation, call us today at 203-429-4151 or contact our Westport office online.